08 December 2014

Homemade Needle Minders

I love needle minders... especially sparkly ones. I have a nice little collection of them but, as with all other stitchy toys, I could always use a few more! I recently cleaned out a bunch of old costume jewelry and saved a few pieces to make into needle minders. All you need is some super strong magnets (found some at Michael's) and some super glue. Ta-da!

An old pendant:


An old brooch:

And my favorite, made from one of a pair of earrings. The other earring will be made into a matching scissor fob.

3 comments:

  1. Those are great. I love all three but Hello Kitty is my favorite. I need to get my crown done. I've ordered some silver metallic acrylic paint so the magnet won't be so visible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn... can't wait to see your crown! :O)

      Delete